Summer is around the corner and with lots of BBQ’s and outdoor parties coming up and absolutely no free time, I’ve had to come up with a quick go to dish to bring with me. Aside from being my “safe” food – you know, for those parties that tend not to be so gluten-free friendly, it’s been a hit at every party I’ve brought it to. I mean, when is Mexican food a fail? The answer is never.
1 can of refried beans
8 oz. sour cream
1 cup mayo
1 package taco seasoning
1 large tomato
1 tiny can of chopped olives
1 bag of shredded lettuce
1 8oz. bag of mexican mix cheese
1. In an 11 x 9 x 1.5 inch casserole pan , spread the can of re-fried beans evenly
2. In a separate bowl, mix together your sour cream, mayo and taco seasoning. Mix well, and then spread as your 2nd layer on top of the re-fried beans
3. Chop up your tomato and spread as your 3rd layer
4. Chop up 3 scallions and spread as your 4th layer
5. Sprinkle your chopped olives on top of your scallions as your 5th layer
6. Evenly spread out your shredded lettuce as your 6th layer
7. Sprinkle your cheese as your last later, on top of the lettuce.
Serve with corn chips and enjoy!
What is your favorite food to bring to a party? Feel free to link up your recipes below! :)