Announcing Craftbaby Secret Pal 2012! For those of you too young to remember the good old craft blogging days, Secret Pal is a gift swap amongst fellow crafters that’s super fun to be a part of. There are holiday-themed Secret Pals, knitting/crocheting Secret Pals, sewing – all sorts of stuff. Since we’re about ALL kinds of crafts here at Craftbaby, ours is – what else – CRAFT themed! Here are some basics to get you started…
What is a Secret Pal?
It’s like a pen pal / secret santa combo. You sign up with your name, email and address and we match you up with another participant/fellow blogger…and if you’re lucky, maybe even a well-known blogger! Over the next couple of weeks, you read your pal’s blog to learn about them, shoot them a nice email or two, send them a card (or something that you’ve used your awesome crafting skills to craft up something that closely resembles a card) via snail mail and then a, even more fun, bigger gift at the end. At the same time, someone secret will be reading your blog and sending you fun stuff too!
Who It’s For:
Crafters & DIYers who have their own blogs
What’s Required of You:
- A weekly blog post so your pal can get to know you – this includes a post with answers to our questionnaire
- A Secret Pal Badge on your blog
- Donate $5 to the Craftbaby Fairy fund (we’ll take care of anyone whose SP doesn’t play fair – get it? “fair” = “fairies” = brilliant.) Donate button is in the sidebar.
- At least two emails to your pal from an “anonymous” address
- A postcard, card or small package via snail mail to say “hi”
- A care package as a final “Yay, you deserve it!” (worth up to $30 in value)
- Deadline to sign up: Sunday, October 21, 2012 (Opens Monday, Sept 17, 2012)
- Matches will be distributed: On or before Monday, November 10, 2012
- Secret Pal dates: Monday, November 10, 2012 through Saturday, December 15, 2012