With Spring in the air, most people are into Spring cleaning – as in de-cluttering their lives, their home, etc. As for Liz and I? We’re taking a leap and have made a pact to get our health on track. We’re Spring body cleansing!
A few days ago, Liz and I had a little lunch date. It was such a beautiful day that we decided to sit outside. Sitting in the natural light made me realize that my makeup (concealer/powder) probably looked a little crazy. I found myself complaining to Liz that my face has been so broken out that I’ve been having to get up a little earlier to spend more time covering my blemishes…wait. Zits. I’ve been having to get up a little bit early to cover my giant zits. The next thing I knew, Liz was telling me that she has been having the same issues- although I never would have known because she apparently has a hidden talent as a makeup artist. After having a little pow-wow, we came to the conclusion that we both have been a little lazy about our diet and exercise. Not that we’re eating endless bags of potato chips or over eating, but basically we’ve been indulging a little more and a little more often than we’re used to.
Let me preface by telling you that neither one of us are into working out. We’re not proud of this, but its just who we are. We don’t make time to go to the gym, we don’t run and we definitely don’t get the recommended 45 mins of cardio a day. Basically, working out just is not high up on our list of priorities. Liz is probably a little closer to that goal than I am with chasing a baby around, but the fact still remains that we both are in dire need of a lifestyle change. We are looking to become more conscious of what we’re putting in our bodies and we need to make a conscious effort to get our sweat on. Let’s face it – at 28 (me) and 32 (Liz), we’re not getting any younger and although its not so much about weight loss for us (although I wouldn’t complain if my love handles found a new home on someone else’s hips), its only going to get harder as we get older to get active. We’ve promised ourselves that we’ll get active at least twice a week- it’s a start!
I will tell you that I’ve been following Shelley, over at House of Smiths for sometime now. She has been going through a lifestyle change as well and let me tell you…that woman is a huge motivator. She works hard and doesn’t give up- she has completely changed the way she takes care of her body and I’m sure that her soul is shining through! Funny, how a fellow blogger can motivate you…and she’ll probably never even know it!
So, with a few achievable goals in mind, we’ve committed to a lifestyle change.
- We want to glow! We have a mutual friend who takes the time to take care of herself and she just glows and glows. She radiates health…and we want to as well!
- We want to take better care of our insides. We want our bodies to get the most out of what we’re putting into them and the only way to do that is to ditch our lazy attitudes.
- We want to be in better shape physically. We’re not talking trendy diets or lack of nourishment. We want to put only good things in and get the most out of our meals. And yes, we are fully committing to working out. We might go kicking and screaming, but thats the best thing about having a partner in this- we can motivate and push each other. I know that I for one would hate to report back to Liz that instead of going for a walk I sat on the couch eating ding dongs!
- We want more energy. It only makes sense that if we’re taking better care of our bodies, then our bodies will return the favor and give us a little pep in our step!
So, by sharing our goals with the world and with each other, we’re committing, 100%. Starting today, Liz and I are making a change. More importantly, we’re doing it together. To me, its important to have someone to talk to about it. You have to be there for each other as a motivator so that neither one of you gets frustrated and gives up.
We’ve decided to begin this process with a cleanse. I would be lying if I didn’t tell you that I’m a little scared. However, it is comforting that Liz has done this cleanse in the past and my Endocrinologist (details on why I see one in a later post) has recommended it for me in the past.
We’ve chosen a two-week cleanse that should help us jump start our minds (and bodies) but mainly our minds, because we know that if we feel better then we’ll want to keep it up. Ah, the power of thought manipulation. ;)
Basics of the 2-week Internal Cleanse for First-time Cleansers (like us- well, me):
- Organic, Whole-herb Formula
- Supports Healthy Elimination
- Promotes Vibrant Health & Energy
- Gentle & Effective Colon Cleanse
- Made with Organic Herbs
Check, check, check, check aaaaaand…check! Those are all things we’re looking for. So we’re climbing on board and you know we’ll be back with updates and check-in’s to let you know how we’re doing. Until then, I said it before and I’ll say it again. I’m scared, but I’m also excited. I’m excited to feel healthy!
Wish us luck!
Have you guys done any cleanses like this? Maybe you’re in the middle of a lifestyle change as well? We can use all the motivation we can get! Especially after that crepe we had after lunch yesterday. Knowing that we were going to begin this cleanse today, we just couldn’t say no to a goat cheese, honey drizzled crepe topped with strawberries and whipped cream. Awesome, now my mouth is watering…Posted in: Operation: Healthy